Saturday, October 17, 2009

My 1st Training!!!!

Oh!, its very very nostalgic as I write this today!!! Honestly I think of that day and what can I say!!!! Everyone said how can a 23yr old train??? Impossible. But I had no options but to prove them wrong. I was scared, afraid but still had this huge expectations. I will spare u the gyan.
It was a rainy day. 12th Aug 2008, I was sitting in my office and was just going through my mails and I recieved a call from Mr.Anandram, My mentor as a Trainer. He said there is a training requirement in Bank of Rajasthan, A non-performing channel partner for our company. Though a rising stock. I was informed that I have to reach this place by 6, I agreed and left office at 5pm to reach this place in Gandhinagar, above Burma bazaar. It was nostalgic as that was the place I bought my first Video game as a kid.
I entered a old building, in the 1st floor of the building was the bank. I walked into the bank and met the branch manager, a 54yr old person. He greeted me with a smile and a big bucket of Tea.
Usually these typical north indian banks which have branches in south still maintain most of north habits and most important of them is the food habits and Tea is one them. I somehow explained him that I'm here to train them on a product Called-"Sachin Century Plan", And at 6.30pm the training started, the moment that happened the power went off, it started raining.

Isn't it not that unusual in bangalore?? the building was old and I could find water dripping all over the place, including my head. I still managed to be enthu about the whole affair because its my first training ever. I started and found myself surrounded by 14 people in the age group of 50-55yrs. It was kinda amazing, that all these people were listening to me and my presentation. I slowly got them to a discussion on certain aspects of the product and final ended the training with some committments to be achieved and a contest launch. It was 8pm and I was completely wet and the comp i was using to show the presentation had automatically shutdown.

Though I was completely not happy with the surrounding but realised life is not always easy, U need to be happy even when u cant be. But being afraid about something makes us to loose ourself. In any situation its important to be yourself and stand for things which matter to us. I realised this after I got the feedback that the training was very good and was well appreciated!!! It feels very good after doing 283 sessions and training close to 5,000 people for Aviva to have thought about my 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment